Island Veterinary Group has many special offers and promotions throughout the year. Read through some of our specials and discounts below, and call today for more information or to take advantage of these specials!
Share the Care:
We love our clients and appreciate their business, so we are paying it forward! As a current client, if you refer a friend to Island Veterinary Group, each of you will save $25 on your next visit!
- For each additional pet after the first that receives an exam, you will receive a discounted exam. (This special applies to both hospital visits and house calls)
- If you have 4+ pets seen on one house call appointment, the house call fee is waived.
February Pet Dental Month – now extended through MARCH! Receive 10% off your pet’s dental cleaning.
Have you ever gotten a whiff of your dog or cat’s breath and wrinkled up your nose? All too often, our furry friends’ dental care is overlooked. Imagine how your mouth would feel, taste, look, and smell if you NEVER brushed your teeth!
Tartar and calculus trap bacteria in and under the gum line, which leads to irritation of the gum tissue, also known as gingivitis. This bacteria can travel in the bloodstream to other organs such as the heart and cause damage. Gingivitis often leads to periodontal disease which is a disease of the supporting tissues of the teeth: the ligaments that attach gum to tooth and jaw bone. Studies show periodontal disease is linked to heart disease. Periodontal disease can cause abscess, pain, inflammation, loose teeth, and even bone loss. The American Veterinary Dental Society estimates that 85% of cats and dogs have periodontal disease by age four! The good news is, with proper treatment, we can stop the progression, and in some cases reverse, the damage caused by periodontal disease.
Most animals with painful oral conditions continue to eat well. A good appetite and eating with gusto do not mean your pet has a healthy pain-free mouth. This is why oral examinations are so important.
Signs of periodontal disease in pets include:
- bad breath
- excessive salivation
- refusing to eat or dropping food
- rubbing or pawing at the face
- loose or broken teeth
- red inflamed gums
Pets need dental care, too!
March is Obesity Awareness Month
Concerned about your pet’s weight?
We are now offering 10% off exam and blood work to check into obesity problems. We will be offering discounted weight management food for the month as well.
Our preventative raffles and savings have been extended! Now through July 31:
- Buy 1 year of Nexgard and receive 2 free doses, and a chance to win a Dyson vacuum!
- Buy 1 year of Revolution and be entered to win an Amazon Echo Dot!
- Get 10% off a heartworm test and a $20 rebate when you purchase 1 year of Interceptor Plus!
- Buy 1 year of Bravecto for 2 chances to win an Amazon Echo!
The raffle winners will be announced August 1, 2018!